USD
Bug with CID Lookup...

Bug with CID Lookup still kicking?  

RSS

ICTALL
(@ictall)
Eminent Member
14/08/2019 4:46 am  

Last night I added CID Lookup to all my Inbound Routes.
Not being good with multitasking 😀 , I was solving some other non related issue at the same time and testing some firwall rules. I then went to sleep.

However without realizing it, I accidentely blocked the webserver  on which our CID_LOOKUP.php was running.

Today I started late at the office.
When I came in, I was told, that we had had some big phone outage this morning.
My IT colleague told me that we had been unreachable on all locations for  almost 1 1/2 hour.
Because I e-mailed him about what I had done last night, he started hos trouble shooting looking at the CID Lookup.

At Reports --> Status, he noticed the CIDLOOKUP-1 kept being at the "Ring" state, while he was calling our inbound numbers. after about 30 seconds, people calling our DID where getting the voicemail of their provider saying: "This number is not in service righnow!"
Furthermore inbound calls where not passed on to the underlying queues.
Everyone being in panic, he just deleted all CID Lookups and the phones started working again.

Now what happend?
We believe that because the webserver was inaccessable (essentially down), the CID lookup was not working and therefore the inbound calls were transfered to the next VitalPBX module in line.

We tested the above on our testPBX and testwebserver and the result were reproducible.
So a not working CID Lookup will seriously mess with your VitalPBX 😎 

A similar "bug" seems to has been reported almost a year ago: https://vitalpbx.org/en/community/general-discussion/bug-with-cid-lookup/#post-11

and should haven been fixed according to link: https://vitalpbx.org/en/vitalpbx-2-0-5/ (you need to scroll to the botton of the page).
Our own VitalPBX is version: 2.3.4-2

Apparently the bug came back from holliday to play havoc with VitalPBX afficionados. 😊 

So VitalpBX team, could you please have a look at this?
And could you fixit, that a CID Lookup time-out won't cripple the PBX sytem?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
14/08/2019 8:46 am  

Thanks for reporting the issue, we will work on it and release for the next RC version, because, we recently released the version 2.3.6 of VitalPBX

ReplyQuote
ICTALL
(@ictall)
Eminent Member
11/10/2019 3:38 am  

@ing-joserivera26

Hi Josè,

We got the problem again.

This time the webserver we use for our script to lookup the CallerID has been up and running, however  all incoming numbers using CID Lookup where not responding.
And at the "Status Rapport" (see earlier image), we could see that the CID Lookup was stuck.

Thanks God we only configured it for 3 of our branches for now.

Right now we are using CID Lookup, but we have enabled special monitoring to warn us when our those lines are down!
Even then every time this happens my users and our customers complain about the PBX.... because we need several minutes to fix it.

Our fix for now is:

1.  Check if our CID Lookup server is still running
  2. if so, disable CID Lookup at the Inbound Routes (change to none) and then re-enabling them.

Could you please build time-out field we could configure/custom set (eg. 500 ms) so VitalPBX could continue to work ignore the CID Lookup after xxx milliseconds and continue working?

Best regards, Martijn.

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
16/10/2019 10:06 am  

Thanks for the suggestion about the CID lookup, and reporting the issue, we will work on this for the next versions

ReplyQuote
mo10
 mo10
(@mo10)
Trusted Member
16/10/2019 12:14 pm  

@ing-joserivera26

Will you need to fix the "Dynamic Destinations" module as well?

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
16/10/2019 12:17 pm  
Posted by: @mo10

@ing-joserivera26

Will you need to fix the "Dynamic Destinations" module as well?

Do you have some issues with that module?

ReplyQuote
mo10
 mo10
(@mo10)
Trusted Member
16/10/2019 12:21 pm  

@ing-joserivera26

I did not try yet but I am afraid of problems since those modules seem really similar.

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
16/10/2019 12:30 pm  

The issue reported here happens when the server you are pointing (CRM, Accounting APP, Customers APP) may get down randomly, due to this the calls may get stuck waiting for the server response.

ReplyQuote
mo10
 mo10
(@mo10)
Trusted Member
16/10/2019 12:39 pm  

@ing-joserivera26

So you might add a server-timeout module for both modules? 

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
16/10/2019 12:56 pm  

I think so!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register