Forum

Unified Communications System

Emergency Numbers  

RSS

Ofloo
(@ofloo)
Eminent Member
28/01/2019 1:22 am  

I recently migrated from ombutel to vitalpbx, under external I've noticed a new menu item "Emergency Numbers", how would you use that?

Because in my country it's not allowed to call emergency services from a voip phone. So the normal short numbers like 112 are blocked.

What I did is I created an internal extension speed dial, forwarded it to the provided number for VoIP 003290342704. But when I want to add for instance 112 it says that the number already exists on speed dial.

Does it have any meaning other then selecting which trunk to use because I already did that with outbound rules?

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
28/01/2019 7:10 am  

The emergency numbers module allows you to define wich numbers can be used in emergency cases. 

The difference to use this module, instead of outbound routes, is that all the users have access to this numbers, even if they have not access to external calls.

ReplyQuote
Ofloo
(@ofloo)
Eminent Member
29/01/2019 7:33 am  

Is there an ability to forward the added extensions? I mean now I used speed dial, but then i won't be able to add them as emergency numbers, .. so .. how would I add them as emergency numbers and yet have a speed dial like feature.

I mean I can't remember 003290342704 112 is a lot easier.

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
29/01/2019 9:42 am  

You can use the dialing manipulations rules, that is the third tab on trunks, to create short codes for your emergency numbers. Look the picture attached

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by mrivera

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register