USD
NAT traversal and G...

[Solved] NAT traversal and Grandstream phones  

RSS

kbohannon
(@kbohannon)
Trusted Member
13/08/2019 3:35 pm  

Need a suggestion. I have a client with GS GXP1782s, running early firmware. They currently connect to a Kerio Operator PBX from behind a NAT, and I want to move them over to VPBX. However, the registration connection times out regardless of what NAT settings I give to the device, and the extension after 60 or 90 seconds becomes "Unreachable" and we get one way audio. With other clients I prevent this by logging into each phone and setting NAT traversal to "Keep-Alive" but due to geography this isn't possible, nor do the users have admin access to the phones. How to tell VitalPBX to not drop the registration?

mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
14/08/2019 9:01 am  

I recommend you to play a little bit with the qualify frequency parameter on the default SIP Profile. It is recommended to set to low value if you use a low timeout for NAT of UDP sessions.

Check the picture attached

kbohannon
(@kbohannon)
Trusted Member
18/08/2019 11:17 am  

@ing-joserivera26

Worked perfectly. Such a low interval is keeping the registration and sessions alive. With that, I was able to finally shut down my last two Kerio Operator servers, which had been serving clients to whose firewalls I had no access. My transition to VitalPBX is complete. Thanks M.

This post was modified 4 months ago by kbohannon

mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
18/08/2019 11:54 am  

It's a pleasure!!

Share:

Please Login or Register