Forum

Unified Communications System

Outgoing External CID not showing as set for extension.  

RSS

Ofloo
(@ofloo)
Eminent Member
27/01/2019 7:09 am  

External CID not showing, on my cell phone. The default is. How can I force a specific External CID ?

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
28/01/2019 7:24 am  

If the trunk is marked to overwrite the CID, then, trunks CID will take precedence over any CID.

Another thing you must to take into account, if is you provider allows you to send custom CIDs.

ReplyQuote
Ofloo
(@ofloo)
Eminent Member
29/01/2019 2:43 am  

No CID overwrite isn't active tried with and without, doesn't matter, .. this issue is been going on for a while.

I used to run elastix and there it always worked fine but for this trunk I wasn't able to set it right for some reason, not on ombutel nor on vitalpbx. I'm not sure why that is though.

I'm sure its some configuration, that needs to be done but can't put my finger on what it is.

*not sure but I believe it did work in one of the first releases of ombutel, .. have been using it since it released version 1 or something, I did make a post about it, but  no one ever really to responded to it.

It's a betamax sip provider, .. the numbers have been verified, .. I can set them statically and if I would have one number it wouldn't matter, .. but that's not the case.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Ofloo

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
29/01/2019 9:46 am  

May you explain the call Flow?

Extension => Call to External Number

Or

Extension => Is being called by external number => Call is forwarded to an External Number

ReplyQuote
Ofloo
(@ofloo)
Eminent Member
29/01/2019 11:13 pm  

Extension => Call to External Number

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
30/01/2019 9:30 pm  

Ask to your VoIP provider if they are overwriting the Caller ID?

ReplyQuote
Ofloo
(@ofloo)
Eminent Member
30/01/2019 11:26 pm  

Yeah i thought that too but then I reran the elastix vm and it just worked. So if if elastix was able to overwrite/set the Caller ID why can't vitalpbx.

ReplyQuote
TrustedbyU
(@trustedbyu)
Eminent Member
01/02/2019 6:33 am  

Is the Trunk configuration identical in both? I had similar issues when moving from Elastix to Ombutel. It turned out that there was a slight difference in the 2  trunks configuration. I can't remember what the issue was it was either the setting of from-user (which wasn't required) or the register string was slightly different.

I am pretty sure in my case my provider was sending on the From-User instead of the set caller ID. Unsetting From-user then used my caller id......

Head of IT - Trustedbyu.com

mrivera liked
ReplyQuote
Ofloo
(@ofloo)
Eminent Member
02/02/2019 2:41 am  

I'll look into it.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register