Clear all

RTP While Recording  

RSS

PitzKey
(@pitzkey)
Estimable Member
25/04/2020 3:34 pm  

Hi everyone,

We recently came across a hair pulling situation where one of our PBXs stopped sending RTP as soon as it started recording voicemails and eventually terminated the call after 30 seconds, but it only happened when we called from a PBX in the same DataCenter. 

No NAT issues, no Direct RTP, we've gone through the basic and advanced troubleshooting with no luck.

Until we found this: https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/blob/master/configs/samples/asterisk.conf.sample#L60

We added it under SIP Settings > Custom, restarted Asterisk and it started sending RTP.

You can see the setting if it is enabled or disabled by running 'core show settings'

So I hope someone who is in the same boat as us won't have to go through the pain we went through, and finds this post easily..

Perhaps the VitalPBX Team can make this the default, I see other major Asterisk re-compilers also have this enabled by default.

Thank you

mo10 liked
Topic Tags
TELECOMIN
(@hemant)
New Member Customer
01/05/2020 2:23 pm  

Just would like to take feedback that after making changes to transmit_silence=yes how is recording and calls working since.

Anything you would like to add?

ReplyQuote
PitzKey
(@pitzkey)
Estimable Member
25/05/2020 5:21 am  

UPDATE: After looking at this, adding these parameters in the GUI does not even work, because it adds it under the [general] settings in /etc/asterisk/ombutel/sip__10-general.conf

It needs to be added under [options].

I found under /etc/asterisk/ombutel/asterisk__20-maxfiles.conf:

[options](+)
maxfiles = 20000

So I manually added:

transmit_silence=yes

And I restarted Asterisk.

1) Is it possible to add these from the GUI?

2) Is it possible to have this be the default?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
26/05/2020 6:21 pm  

I think this parameter doesn't come by default because it is not used often. it's a very particular situation what is happening to you

ReplyQuote
Share: