USD
Setting Up Grandstr...

[Solved] Setting Up Grandstream GXW4216 Analog Gateway  

RSS

technomancer_101
(@technomancer_101)
06/11/2019 8:22 am  

Hey there,

I am trying to get my GXW4216 setup so I can support a few analog extensions (1 fax machine), but I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm missing.

I believe I have the gateway configured, but I cannot get my extensions to register on the PBX. Is there a specific setting I have to set to allow the gateway to talk to the PBX?

Thanks

Topic Tags
mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
06/11/2019 11:51 am  

You may create one trunk per phone line or create one trunk for all the phone lines.

Your trunk (On VitalPBX side) should have the following information on the Outgoing section:

type=friend
qualify=yes
secret=password
host=YOUR-GXW-IP
port=5060
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
insecure=port,invite

Make sure your GXW has an static IP, and the lines profile have the SIP Registration parameter in "No"

technomancer_101
(@technomancer_101)
06/11/2019 12:41 pm  

Okay, trunk is up and running. So, if I'm setting SIP registration to "No", does that mean I should define the extensions on the GXW, but not under extensions on VitalPBX?

mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
06/11/2019 12:59 pm  

Yes, the extensions should only be defined on the Gateway due is connected through trunk

technomancer_101
(@technomancer_101)
06/11/2019 1:10 pm  

Okay, starting to get somewhere. Now when I dial to the trunk, it routes automatically to port 1, may have to make a hunt group for it to work properly.

Is there no way to configure VitalPBX so I can register the extensions without the use of a trunk?

mrivera
(@ing-joserivera26)
Developer Admin
06/11/2019 1:21 pm  

Yes, you can use extensions instead of trunks, just enable the SIP registration and setup the FXS information and credentials on the GXW side.

technomancer_101
(@technomancer_101)
06/11/2019 1:29 pm  

Got it up and running. There appears to be a bug with applying settings on the GXW side of things. Everything is registering properly now.

Thanks!

Share:

Please Login or Register