With this new version of VitalPBX, we are introducing a new module named “Asterisk Sounds“, this new module allows you to install additional Asterisk languages through the GUI, until now the additional available languages are: Portuguese, Russian, German and Italian. Also in this version we are introducing new options for the extensions voicemail, conferences module and others.
- Voicemail Dial-out: This new option for the voicemail allows that users can dial out directly from their mailboxes (option 4 from mailbox’s advanced menu).
- Voicemail Call Back: With this option enabled the users will be available to call back to the sender of a message. The specified Class of Service will need to be able to handle dialing of numbers in the format in which they are received.
- Voicemail Hint: This option allows you to generate a voicemail hint to be subsequently monitored through a BLF key. To configure the BLF you must to use the following format: vm_1234, where 1234 is the extension that will be monitored.
- Custom Sounds: A new section has been added on the “System General” module named “System Prompts”, on this section the users will be capable to customize the DND and the Blacklisted prompts.
- Invite participant to the Conference: A new option named “Allow to Invite” has been added to the conference module, when this option is enabled all the participants could press ** or zero to invite other people to a conference. This options comes associated to a Class of Service, the class of service allows you to determinate the dial permissions to invite to another participants.
- Additional Asterisk Sounds: As we mentioned at the beginning of this post we are introducing a new core module that will allows to the end users install additional asterisk sounds according to their needs. This new module is located under Settings >> PBX Settings >> Asterisk Sounds
- Users Timezone: a new option named “System” has been added to the timezone field of the users module, when this option is selected, the timezone is taken directly from the PBX System.
- Update french translation (Thanks to jgrossiord)
- Sounds: Some prompts were not played in the right way when the extensions language was not English or Spanish.
- CID Lookup: The host and port field were not validated in the right way.