After a long time without any updates, we are glad to announce the first release candidate of VitalPBX. This version is only available through the ISO, so, current installations will no be able to migrate to this new version until we make sure that everything is fairly stable.
Here is the list of the improvements, fixes, and new features.
- Multi-Tenant Add-On: This is one of the most important changes introduced in this version. Now, VitalPBX is able to handle multiple tenants in a single instance. Using a single instance for multiple customers cuts down operating costs significantly.
- Branding Add-On: This a simple but very useful add-on that allows you to customize the VitalPBX color, logos (Mobile and Desktop Version), browser title and more.
- i18n: VitalPBX is now available in the Italian language. Special thanks to Mr. Giovanni P., who helped us with these translations.
- Asterisk: On this version, VitalPBX has been compiled with the latest version of Asterisk (16.2.0). check the asterisk changelog here.
- VitalPBX Command Tool: This new tool contains a series of commands to easily give maintenance to the VitalPBX installation. To invoke this tool you must use the following syntax: “vitalpbx COMMAND [command-options]“. In the future, we expect to add new functionalities, by now, the available commands are:
- reset-pwd [username]: Reset password for any user. if not user is specified, it resets the password for admin user (Main Tenant Only)
- build-db: Execute a series of scripts to build VitalPBX database (apply_patches)
- dump-conf: Dump Asterisk Configurations and re-build Asterisk DB (Main Tenant Only)
- Dashboard: Now, on the dashboard the Hardware and Software information is exposed. This information may help you to take actions (Upgrade RAM, CPU) depending on your current hardware, or even, ask for support, especially when you need to provide the PBX ‘s environment info (VPBX version, Kernel, etc)
- Password Strength Meter: The way to obtain the strength of a password has been improved and added in multiple places (Users, Extensions, Hot Desking, etc). This with the aim to provide an idea of how strong the used passwords are.
- Add-ons: Now, in the add-ons module, it is possible to execute various actions with the commercial add-ons that have a valid license active. The actions that you may execute are:
- View License: Get the current license for the add-on and to whom it’s registered
- Revoke: Remove the license from the current server to later move it on to another server.
- Reactivate: This action applies to add-ons that are handled by the number of Items and can be upgraded. e.g: Sonata Billing, Sonata Recordings, etc.
- SIP Domains: On this version, we introduce a new section on SIP Settings, under Security tab, named SIP Domains. When SIP domains are used, they provide enhanced security, because registrations will only be accepted when they come from an IP phone (or another SIP client) that is using one of the recognized domains. When Asterisk knows the identity of all its local SIP domains, this allows a higher level of security in the routing of SIP-to-SIP calls as well.
- Log Files Viewer: A new field named “Filter” has been added to log files viewer’s form to easily filter the log files content according to given strings or words.
- Feature Codes: It was not possible to search a feature code per name
- Outbound Routes: It was not possible to keep the trunks order on the outbound routes module.
- Dial Rules: It was not possible to add multiple rules on the dial rules module.
- VitalPBX Logger: The VitalPBX logs were generating with the wrong user and group in some cases.
- Log files Viewer: It was not possible to read the content of any log files from the GUI.
- VitalPBX Monitor: When the Asterisks service was stopping for any reason, the monitor service increased CPU usage to the maximum.
- Domotic add-on: The hints for the domotic devices were not generated in the right way.
- Maintenance add-on: The executing state stays as “running” when an exception occurred, avoiding that the script is executed again.