We are pleased to announce version 2.3.5 (RC) of VitalPBX. This version is intended for everyone who signed up for the beta tester program, so, this version should not be used in production environments.
We expect to get some feedback from all of our beta testers, about all the improvements, new features, and fixes included in this version, and any bug or spelling mistakes, and thus provide a stable release for all of VitalPBX’s community.
- Certificates: Now it is possible to add custom certificates through the GUI
- Dialing Restrictions: A new field has been added to the dialing restrictions rules form, this new field is for allowing to include advanced rules. This was added thinking in the case of Mexico, since as of August 3rd, 2019, Mexico’s numbering plan will become closed to ten digits. After this date, all phone numbers should be dialed in a ten-digit format, even for local calls (Mobile and Conventional Numbers). Due to this change, the task for limiting calls to mobile numbers in Mexican companies has become more complex. More Details Here…
- CID Modifier: Now it is possible to perform CID Modifications through different sources (Mysql, HTTP Request). This could be very useful for CID Masking or simply modifying the incoming CID info from a CRM or existing database.
- Ring Groups: A new field called “Answered Elsewhere” has been added to the ring group. This prevents the other phones to record a missed call when the call has been answered on a phone that is part of the ring group.
- IVR: The invalid dial tries towards internal extensions dialed through the “Direct Dial” feature now returns the call to the IVR and respects the available invalid tries.
- Firewall: The HTTPS port for the Sonata Switchboard now comes allowed by default.
- CDR: The trunk from where calls are sent/received now is saved as part of the CDR for future reports and statistics.
- Users Portal: When a portal user was updated from the user’s dialog, the assigned extension was getting removed from the user.
- Parking: The “parked” value has been replaced by “callee” in the “Courtesy Tone” field. Setting the “parked” value on parking configurations collapsed the parking driver on Asterisk.
- Tenants: When deleting a tenant with the user “admin” assigned, this user was getting deleted along with the tenant, leaving the system without admin access.
- Trunks: On environments with more than one trunk with the same providers the calls were sent to an invalid context. This avoided applying certain settings defined in the trunk.
- Dial Plan:
- When dialing to an unconnected PJSIP device the dial application crashed due to the empty value generated by the function “PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS”.
- The Invalid dial tries were marked as answered calls.
- Extensions Status: The status of connected devices were not shown correctly on secondary tenants.
- Dynamic Routing: The script for checking the dynamic routing status was not working as expected. The calls were not sent to the desired destination.
- Asterisk: Introducing Asterisk v16.5.0
- Hunting Groups: Used named call groups and pickup groups parameters so it doesn’t limit the number of allowed groups
- Queues: Added support for Queues Callback. When the add-on Queues Callback is installed you will be able to select a Queue Callback.
- Phonebooks: Added support for external phonebooks. This new version is only available for the RC version. To install it you may use the following command: yum install vitalpbx-phone-books -y, and for update it: yum update vitalpbx-phone-books -y
- Some asterisk configurations were not created after creating a new tenant, producing some undesired behaviors, like blocked calls between extensions.
- The CID Info of secondary tenants was overwritten when the main tenant is used as the gateway.
- Directory Feature (411): It was not possible to use the directory feature on secondary tenants.
- CID Lookup: Now it is possible to use external phonebooks as a CID Lookup source.
- Introducing the Queues CallBack Add-on: This add-on is only available for the RC version. This feature enables you to optimize your customer experience by offering callers the ability to request a call back based on your call center conditions. To install it you may execute the following command: yum install vitalpbx-queues-callback -y
- This add-on also installs a module called “Queues CallBack Report” (Reports >> Call Center Reports >> Queues CallBack Report), to get reports of all your callbacks
- Virtual Faxes: Now, the fax devices password doesn’t contain special characters, because this may affect the connectivity.
- Fail2Ban: When the fail2ban database gets full, your server may experiment high CPU usage, so, for this, we have added a command to help you to clean up the database and normalize the CPU usage. To execute such command you may write down in the console: fail2ban-clean-db
- Music on Hold: It is possible to define a music group as default MoH, so, when you select the default MoH on queues, conferences, or any other module, instead of play the default asterisk sounds, it will be played the sounds defined in the moh group marked as default
- Branding: Now is possible to change the main tenant name from the branding add-on (Only available for PRO version). For installing this add-on in the RC version execute the following command in the Linux console: yum install vitalpbx-branding
- Destinations: It was not possible to use the trunks or outbound routes in another application other than inbound routes.
- Conferences: It was not possible to invite participants to a conference from a secondary tenant.
- Queues CallBack: The add-on installer didn’t install required database data, producing unexpected behavior on the queues module.
- PhoneBooks: Now is possible to define a dial prefix on external phonebooks.
- Queues: The script for resetting the queues stats it was not working.
Note: To update to the new release, if you already have installed the first RC version, go to the Linux console and execute the following command: yum update vitalpbx* -y
If you don’t have installed the first RC, you may click on the button below to download the ISO for installing in Physical or VM Server and then updated with the command above.