After some time of hard-work, we are glad to announce VitalPBX 2.4.0, a major release that includes all the changes announced on the RC version 2.3.9, and other important changes, especially, on security and certificates (Let’s Encrypt).
First of all, we would like to express our gratitude to all those people that have made this version possible, to those who report issues, give suggestions, purchases our commercial add-ons and subscriptions, to those who test the RC versions, to all of you, big thanks.
Next, the list of changes and fixes included in this version.
- Outbound Campaigns (Dialer): We are introducing a new commercial add-on named “Communicator” that allows creating simple outbound campaigns in conjunction with the VitalPBX Communicator Softphone. This add-on deprecates the “Sonata Communicator” module, so, after installing this add-on the “Sonata Communicator” will be uninstalled automatically.
- Paging & Intercom: Now it is possible to schedule paging actions, and play an announcement. This is quite useful for schools (bell system), automation announcements on the office, airports, train stations, etc.
- API: Now, it is possible to perform click to call actions through VitalPBX’s API. Useful for CRM integrations, or simply, add click to call option from any platform.
- Time Conditions: Now, it is possible to switch the time conditions status (Temporarily or Permanently) using a toggle code, or the GUI. Also, it is possible to monitor any time condition using a BLF key.
- Security: Now, VitalPBX comes with some IP sets to block the most common attackers (VoIP, SSH, etc.) by default. These IP sets get updated automatically daily at midnight through a CRON job.
- Certificates: We have updated the script for generating let’s encrypt certificates. So, now, we are using the new mechanism provided by the Let’s Encrypt developers.
- Intrusion Detection (Fail2Ban): Added new jails to protect PBX server against HTTP scanners.
- API: Add new endpoints to retrieve class of services, and updating voicemail info. Also, the documentation has been updated.
- i18n: Update Spanish and Russian Translations
Trunks: Some phone brands displayed “s” extension during outgoing calls when the called party picked up the call.
Next, We will list some addons that got some minor updates.
- Geo Firewall
- Phone Books
- Queues Callback
- The firewall has been configured to don’t use pre-routing table for blocking SIP scanners.
- The SIP scanner “pplsip” now comes blocked by default.
- Multi-Tenant: The hints generated for extensions on secondaries tenants didn’t work with customized tenant prefixes.
- OpenVPN: Now, it is possible to generate OpenVPN certificates for Fanvil phones (You must update the OpenVPN add-on from add-ons module on VitalPBX).
- Paging, and Intercom (Auto-Answer): The heders to perform auto-answer action on phones were not working for devices using PJSIP protocol.
- Trunks: It was not possible to send custom headers when using the PJSIP protocol.
- Time Conditions: The BLF status gets stuck when the database connection gets lost.
- Virtual Faxes: It was not possible to receive faxes that came from a sender without CID Name provided.
- Core: Update translations
We FULLY RECOMMEND updating your add-ons after updating VitalPBX. This is to keep compatibility, and always have the newest features and fixes.